I’ve often enjoyed best of lists but thought that we see very best of ever lists. One of my hobbies is music and movies, so I decided to write this blog about the best songs used in the best movies.
- “There is a house in New Orleans They call the Rising Sun And it’s been the ruin of many a poor boy And God I know I’m one”
The first song is the “House of the Rising Sun”. The House of the Rising Sun is a folk song written about a life gone wrong in New Orleans adopted by the Animals in 1964. Maybe it is because of the warning delivered by the song that this song seems to be used in movies. In my opinion, no one does a better job at integrating music into movies as does Martin Scorsese. Is why my first best song used in a great movie is the House of the RisingSun as Used in the movie Casino.
- “If I fall, can you pull me up? Is it true, your watching out”
The second song I chose is the song “Don’t forget about me” from the “Breakfast Club.” This song tells the story of making commitments and of breaking promises. The Breakfast Club is a story of several very different students who are kept for a Saturday detention only to find out the actually have more in common with each other. This movie, directed by the great John Hughs started some of the best actors of our time: Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy, and others.
- “If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father” Darth Vader, Empire Strikes Back
While Empire isn’t one of my favorite Star Wars films it is a necessary filmthat begins to help us understand the story. The “Imperial March” was Written by John Williams inApril of 1980. It later became also known as Darth Vader’s theme.
“God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth”, Dr.
Ellie Sattler and Dr. Ian Malcom
John Williams also wrote the score for the theme to Jurassic Park. This movie created by Stephen Spielberg and adapted from a Michael Chricton novel tells the story of what happens when man triesto harness genetic power (an issue we are struggling with today)
So these are my first four best movies and songs. I hope you will post comments or tweet me @srab2001 with your ideas,
- Not a best of list, but the best songs ever used in great movies
- Apple acquires medical record startup Gliimpse as latest step to visualize personal health data
- National Governors Association posts roadmap for health data interoperability | Healthcare IT News
- Charleston Gazette-Mail | Drug firms poured 780M painkillers into WV amid rise of overdoses
- Public responses to the sharing and linkage of health data for research purposes: a systematic review and thematic synthesis of qualitative studies | BMC Medical Ethics | Full Text
- 30Recent Posts Not a best of list, but the best songs ever used in great movies Apple acquires medical record startup Gliimpse as latest step to visualize personal health data National Governors Association posts roadmap for health data interoperability | Healthcare IT News Charleston Gazette-Mail | Drug firms poured 780M…