While I think it is a novel idea to promote the use of open source code in the Federal government, I have three questions:
- Open source always lead to lower cost
- Can commercial proprietary code provide more functions at a lower cost?
- How to we ensure that that open source code is consistently sercure?
New policy demands 20 percent of federal code be open source
from Tech – Trending on BuzzSumo http://ift.tt/2aJJzU3
- 94Microsoft just made it way easier to write a research paper with Word theverge.com from Tech - Trending on BuzzSumo http://ift.tt/2abOfTs via IFTTT
- 93I hope the second-generation watch works better than the first. Second-Generation Apple Watch Expected This Fall macrumors.com from Tech - Trending on BuzzSumo http://ift.tt/2abyybu via IFTTT
- 92Data visualization service Reflect raises $2.5M seed round led by DFJ techcrunch.com from Tech - Trending on BuzzSumo http://ift.tt/2a3J5XH via IFTTT